Kool-IP Solutions Corp is currently looking for a bright, motivated and skilled Programmer to be based in Vancouver. You will work on designing, developing, and implementing applications using .NET custom framework within a team environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Design and development of applications, frameworks and solutions to meet the business and technical requirements.
- Identify the policies and requirements that drive out a solution.
- Create, deploy and maintain .NET-based application Ops environment working with business analysts and other team members.
- Use appropriate procedures and methods to identify and document database content, structure, and application sub-systems and develop data dictionary.
- Identify, document and follow system specific standards relating to programming, documentation and testing, covering technical architecture, program libraries, data dictionaries, naming conventions, etc.
- Develop procedures for migrations and upgrades.
- Ensure the right tools are in place to monitor the production application to ensure stability, efficiency & performance.
- Identify potential risks and problem areas and develop procedures that provide effective solutions or mitigation strategies to work around the problem at hand.
- Analyze and evaluate alternative technology solutions to meet business problems.
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- Expert knowledge of software system design and development using the Microsoft .NET platform/ SQL Server Management Studio.
- 3 – 7 years IT experience, with a minimum of 3 years development experience
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft.NET Framework, ASP.NET and related technologies.
- Expert knowledge of T_SQL programming including stored procedures, functions, view, indexes and query optimization techniques, solid understanding of Microsoft SQL Server, Entity Framework, and related technologies.
- Good knowledge of SSRS (SSIS/SSAS a plus)
- Experience using TFS
- Ability to design rich web interfaces for internal line-of-business applications.
- Ability to communicate with clients and function effectively on a high performing and multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of agile and waterfall project management methodologies.
- Solid Experience implementing SOA based solutions
- Knowledge of DevOps principles and practices
- High level of communications, consulting, and client relationship skills
- Problem-solving of technical issues
- University or college degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient in secure code development practices and principles
- Best practice software development strategies (Test driven development, Continuous Integration)
- Knowledge of SharePoint and TFS
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.