Director of I.T. Operations
KooL-I.P. Solutions Corp.is seeking a Director of IT Operations to plan, organize and direct a team of dedicated employees and contractors. You will manage a development team and infrastructure personnel, in order to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, storage infrastructure, information security, application management, data communications, telecommunications systems and help desk functions. You will also schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple competing priorities and assignments. You have a solid understanding of general project management and accounting principles in order to support budgeting, planning and management of projects and expenses in their functional areas.
· Lead, develop and grow a talented team, providing them direction, support and ongoing feedback.
· Communicate with and lead tech support staff.
· Create and define support policy and procedures.
· Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, and wireless implementations.
· Develop solid business cases for presentation to executive level management.
· Prepare and maintain departmental budgets.
· Manage project and operational costs; conduct short- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
· Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all server systems, including VMware, Microsoft AD, Exchange, SQL, and HP SANs.
· Manage and set priorities for the Help Desk team utilizing ticketing system and additional deployment tools.
· Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
· Define hardware and infrastructure software standards in conjunction with owners and stakeholders.
· Test network and server performance and provide statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network and server performance.
· Work with respective team members to develop and test DR and BCP plans.
· Minimum 5 years of management and/or supervisory experience within an IT infrastructure and development teams or similar.
· Solid experience in troubleshooting hardware & software with ability to get hands-on whenever necessary.
· Strong and thorough knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, Windows server and desktop environments, SharePoint, Exchange, SQL, CRM, Dynamics AX.
· Functional knowledge of LAN/WAN protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP & SNMP.
· Strong understanding of high availability and disaster recovery principles, technologies and procedures.
· Solid experience with data center operations, VMware, phone systems and SAN environments.
Please submit a resume to Jobs @ KooL-IP.ca (sorry can’t link it due to spam issues)