IT Customer Support Techician
Location: Vancouver, BC
Hours: Monday to Friday (8:30am-4:30pm)
Kool-IP Solutions, a growing IT company is currently searching for an IT Customer Support Technician to work full-time in downtown Vancouver. This position will be the first point of contact for customers. This position will provide the opportunity to meet with people, discover their needs, get “hands-on” experience in configuring and deploying new workstations and network devices, working and introducing new technologies and being an integral part of our I.T. team.
As part of the Kool-I.P. team, you must be driven, flexible and motivated to help others. You are self-motivated and reliable.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage customer expectation and provide great customer service
- Communicate clearly and effectively either electronically, by phone or in person with both technical and non-technical users experiencing difficulties in order to determine, resolve and document problems experienced. This could mean prioritizing and managing several open cases at once.
• Field incoming help requests from end users, as required, forward requests to Tier 2 or Tier 3 support.
• Collect, organize and maintain a problems and solutions log for use by other I.T. team members.
• Perform troubleshooting and remediation, while updating documentation.
• Perform hands on fixes, including software/hardware install and upgrade, implementing file backups and configuring systems and applications.
• Manage deployment, administration and support for corporate desktops.
• Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.+
• Other duties as assigned.
• Able to work alone with little supervision
• Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
• Ability to troubleshoot and manage desktops and laptops, Printer set up, administration and/or Cloud based email support, various browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla), Antivirus software, Anti-Malware software, printer and connectivity issues
• Solid understanding and strong Windows and Software Application and hardware support (Word/Excel/Outlook)
• Proficiency with software technologies and basic hardware (note: applicants may be quizzed during interview process)
• Extremely reliable and punctual
• Must be able to work independently and know when to escalate issues upon determining cause
• Excellent customer service skills
• Responsible self-starter who can effectively plan and organize his/her own work
• A positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Strong communication skills and command of the English language, written and verbal are required for this position
Due to the requirements and industries some of our customers work in, the following will also be required:
• Criminal record checks – as many of our customers require this prior to any onsite work.
• KooL-IP will be asking for proof of being fully vaccinated, or at a minimum being in the process of becoming fully vaccinated for SARS CoV-2.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, we’d love to hear from you.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.