Senior .NET/SQL Developer
We are seeking a bright, motivated and skilled Developer to be based in Vancouver. In the role of Senior .NET/SQL Developer you will work on designing, developing, and implementing applications using iMIS as EMS, .NET custom applications and various SharePoint sites.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Design and development of applications, frameworks and strategies to meet the business and technical requirements.
- Identify the policies and requirements that drive out a particular solution.
- Create, deploy and maintain .NET environment;
- Monitor industry trends to ensure that solutions fit with industry directions for technology.
- Use appropriate procedures and methods, identify and document database content, structure, and application sub-systems and develop data dictionary
- Identify and document system specific standards relating to programming, documentation and testing, covering technical architecture, program libraries, data dictionaries, naming conventions, etc.
- Develop procedures for migrations and upgrades.
- Ensure the right tools are in place to monitor the production application to ensure stability, efficiency & performance.
- Identify potential risks and problem areas and develop procedures that provide effective solutions or mitigation strategies to workaround the problem at hand.
- Analyze and evaluate alternative technology solutions to meet business problems.
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- Expert knowledge of software development using the Microsoft .NET platform/ SQL Server Management Studio.
- 7 – 10 years IT experience, with a minimum of 5 years development experience
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft.NET Framework, ASP.NET and related technologies.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Entity Framework, and related technologies.
- Expert knowledge of T_SQL programming including stored procedures, functions, view, indexes and query optimization techniques.
- Good knowledge of SSRS (SSIS/SSAS a plus)
- Solid experience using TFS
- Ability to design rich web interfaces for internal line-of-business applications.
- Ability to communicate with clients and function effectively on a high performing and multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of agile project management methodologies.
- Solid Experience implementing SOA based solutions
- High level of communications, consulting, and client relationship skills
- Problem-solving of technical issues
- University or college degree.
- Expert knowledge of software system design and development using the Microsoft .NET platform
- Familiarity with iMIS Engagement Management System would be an asset
- Proficient in secure code development practices and principles
- Best practice software development strategies (Test driven development, Continuous Integration )
- Knowledge of SharePoint and TFS
Send Resume to Jobs@KooL-IP.ca
Comments are closed